This is a nice alternative if you want to get away from lots of sugar in your jams. It seems so simple I wasn’t sure it would work but it’s lovely. The chia (xia) actually remind you of the seeds in standard raspberry jam. You can make yours sweeter if you like – mine has very little maple syrup.
- 150g/1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons (approximately) defrosted raspberries (initially 3/4 cup/170g frozen raspberries), or similar quantity of fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp chia seeds, about 15-16g (add more later if needed) mixed to a paste with 1 tbsp warm water
- 14 – 20g (2 tsp to 1 tbsp) maple syrup or honey, to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice, optional
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
Combine all the ingredients in a blender for a few minutes. Taste and add more maple syrup if needed. Store in the fridge in a jar (like a mason jar or hermetic sealing jar) to thicken a few hours or overnight.
Yum yum! And healthy! 🙂