Finally a savoury recipe break between cakes! Woohoo! This cheesecake’s absolutely scrumptious, addictive, easy and fast to make. You can serve it in slices or convert to mini canapés for parties, picnics and breakfast! Yes, breakfast. 🙂 It was inspired by the Daring Kitchen cheesecake crumble pie challenge set by Krista & Nicole of Two Cups of Sugar. And I’m very grateful to them for my new friend, this slightly dense extremely tasty cheesecake made with Philadelphia cream cheese, some gruyère or cheddar, sundried tomatoes and spring onions. All topped with greek-style yoghurt and crumbled bacon. I love my bacon crumble cheesecake – hope you will too! 🙂 You could have a slice.
or a canapé.
This cheesecake’s based on Chef Voula’s recipe found on Steven and Chris’s blog. There are just a few changes in quantity, method and ingredients.
- 5 to 6 slices of bacon or panceta
- 250g/8.8oz Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature
- 120g/1 cup grated hard cheese, like cheddar, gruyère, emmental or a mix
- 2 medium-large eggs, beaten (115-120g)
- A quarter teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 and a half finely sliced spring/green onions, finely sliced and chopped (1 tablespoon or so)
- 30g/2 generous tablespoons sundried tomatoes, finely sliced and chopped
- 160g/two-thirds of a cup unsweetened greek-style yoghurt (or sour cream)
When baked run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake. Leave the cake in the tin to cool completely then cover in plastic film and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving. You can cut into little squares as canapés or serve slices with a salad.
- You can use panceta instead of bacon.
- You can increase the quantity of hard cheese up to 240g/2 cups, making a denser but even tastier cheesecake.
- The size is fairly flexible. A flatter cheesecake in a wider low tin is better for cutting into squares as canapés.
All my testers loved this yummy savoury bacon crumble cheesecake. And I made three of them just to make sure! lol. 🙂 Lovely as a light meal or snack.
Do have a few canapés!
Have a lovely week sweet savoury reader! Wishing you many yummy moments, happy baking and eating! 🙂 x